- Burma: A plight we can ignore no longer - Independent Online Edition > Asia
- Burma: Forgotten and locked in the shadow of the past - Independent
- Pregnancy Depression May Affect Baby
'"Anxiety and depression don't predict [a baby's] total sleep, but do predict sleep problems and disruptive sleep," says researcher Thomas O'Connor, PhD, associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York. "The babies may sleep just as long, but they wake up more often and they have trouble falling asleep."'
- Sew,Mama,Sew! Blog » » Interfacing Guide from Amy Butler
- Wheat-Free Baking Recipes
- BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Orangutans use 'charades' to talk
"Researchers from St Andrews University have shown that the animals intentionally modify or repeat their signals to get their messages across.
"The scientists said they believed all great apes could have this capability, suggesting that the skill may have evolved millions of years ago."
- Soft Drinks Linked To Increase In Heart Disease | Scientific Blogging
"Drinking more than one soft drink daily — whether it's regular or diet — may be associated with an increase in the risk factors for heart disease."
- Magnetic Capsules Protect Insulin Cell Transplants in Type I Diabetes | Scientific Blogging
- Green Toys Brand Toys - Platsic Toys Made From Corn!!
- Soaker pattern - Just Jussi: New free pattern
- Scientists issue warning about chemical in plastic - Los Angeles Times
"In an unusual effort targeting a single chemical, several dozen scientists on Thursday issued a strongly worded consensus statement warning that an estrogen-like compound in plastic is likely causing an array of serious reproductive disorders in people.
"The compound, bisphenol A or BPA, is one of the highest-volume chemicals in the world and has found its way into the bodies of most human beings."
- CorePsychBlog: Who Cares about Estrogen Dominance?
Monday, 6 August 2007
Links for 2007-07-31 through 2007-08-05 [del.icio.us]