- Corrections: The Bread Bible - Real Baking with Rose Levy BeranbaumA handy link for me. I've had this book for a year or two now (having got it out of the library and baking lots of bread during my first pregnancy). I've made some of my most succesful sliceable loaves from this book. I'm feeling like baking more bread again (perhaps because I've been eating more bread because of frequenting our local bakery) so the book is coming out again.
- BBC NEWS | Health | Sunshine 'protective' against MS
- BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | When suffering gets personal"On his return from Afghanistan, BBC world affairs editor John Simpson reveals how his attitude to covering stories about violence and suffering has changed."
- BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Veteran, 109, revisits WWI trench"The last known surviving British soldier to have fought in the trenches of World War I has revisited the site where he fought 90 years ago."
- Vinnland socks -- ¡The AntiCraft!I saw a pair of these in some striking yarn at flickr. Nice cable pattern for warm socks.
- David Lebovitz: Making Ice Cream Without A MachineDefinitely want to have a go at doing this sometime. I think maybe we tried something similar once when I was a child. Anyway, ice cream is very popular in this house so it seems as though it would be a fin thing to try.
Tuesday, 31 July 2007
Links for 2007-07-27 to 30 [del.icio.us]