- Monkeys Use Baby Talk With Infants
"Humans aren't the only animals to use baby talk when speaking to offspring—rhesus monkeys also go "gaga" over babies, new research says.
"Puerto Rico's female rhesus monkeys make unique vocalizations to interact with infants to get their attention, the study finds."
- Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies Recipe - Culinary in the Desert: How much for that brownie in the window?These look intense (brownies with oreos baked in), and the recipe makes a big batch of brownies. I think I need to wait for a big event with potluck to try this recipe out.
- Dreena's Vegan Recipes: Banana Oat Bundles
"A cross between a cookie and a mini-muffin, these bundles are a tasty, wholesome treat that are fast to prepare and can be enjoyed hot from the oven, or cooled to pack in lunches!"These are wheat free too. They sound a little like a more grown up version of the cookies I made for my daughter when she was just starting to eat and banana and oats where two of her few foods.
- Wheat Free Chocolate Chip Cookies :: Vegan Recipe DatabaseI like to have some wheat and dairy free recipes around so that I can make treats for all my friends so I plan to give these a try. I like that the recipe doesn't require lots of obscure ingredients in place of wheat flour (just oat flour, and there's also a little flax meal).
- Study Shows Infant Intuitive "Mind Reading" | Scientific Blogging
"The findings indicate that the mental structures and the psychological reasoning skills allowing us predict other’s behavior are in place at a very young age and their development does not entirely rely upon the environment or associative learning mechanisms."
- Why Is Heart Disease Prevalent In Diabetics? Maybe Abnormal Fat Metabolism | Scientific Blogging
- Why We Have Trouble Distinguishing Faces Of Other Races | Scientific Blogging
- Organic veggies: are they really better than conventionally grown? | Scientific Blogging
Well, yes. That's basically the answer, although some are more better than others!
- Domesticating Biotechnology in the 21st Century | Scientific Blogging
- The Fenton Reaction, Bad Iron And Alzheimer's | Scientific Blogging
- Does a Summertime Baby Mean a Myopic Child? | Scientific Blogging
"If your child is born in the winter or fall, it will have better long-range eyesight throughout its lifetime and less chance of requiring thick corrective glasses, predicts a Tel Aviv University investigation led by Dr. Yossi Mandel, a senior ophthalmologist in the Israel Defense Forces Medical Corps."
Tuesday, 28 August 2007
Links for 2007-08-27 [del.icio.us]