- vegalicious » Banana walnut pancakes with maple syrup - delicious vegan food and more
- Could Pumpkins Mean The End Of Insulin Injections? | Scientific Blogging
"Recent research reveals that pumpkin extract promotes regeneration of damaged pancreatic cells in diabetic rats, boosting levels of insulin-producing beta cells and insulin in the blood, reports Lisa Richards in Chemistry & Industry."
- 'Mouth' Bacteria Found In Amniotic Fluid | Scientific Blogging
- BBC NEWS | Americas | Woman jailed for 'neglected' lawn
This must be especially bizarre to read in the UK where people are often not able to water their lawns because of hosepipe bans!
- Instructables Cashmere Patchwork Quilt
This is a tutorial for making a quilt/blanket from old wool sweaters. I have a bunch that I thrifted to make soakers for my daughter. Haven't had much time for sewing up things like that lately though. Perhaps as a first attempt at this I'll make one of these to lanolise and use for my daughter to sleep on in case of accidents when she's potty training.
- BBC NEWS | UK | Librarians 'suffer most stress'
"Fighting fires may sound taxing, chasing criminals demanding, but a new study says that working in a library is the most stressful job of all." Interesting. I've thought that being a librarian might suit me, being a book lover who enjoys filing things!
- Why the World Service still matters - Independent
"It was a lifeline to Alan Johnston, and it's a trusted friend to millions of other people around the globe. Robert Hanks on the enduring importance of the World Service."
Tuesday, 10 July 2007
Links for 2007-07-09 [del.icio.us]