- Fish oil may save preemies' vision
After a study in mice discovered that the omega-3 fatty acids found in fish and other oils may protect against blindness in premature babies, researchers at Children's Hospital Boston are ready to test the results in a clinical trial.
- Do Sunscreens Have You Covered? - New York Times
'"Most sunscreens are deceptively and misleadingly labeled, most perniciously to give consumers a false sense of security," Mr. Blumenthal said last week. "In my view, the F.D.A.'s failure to act is unconscionable and unjustifiable in any public sense.”
- Williams syndrome - Social Inhibition - Personality - Developmental Disorders - Brain Disorders - David Dobbs - New York Times
"If a person suffers the small genetic accident that creates Williams syndrome, he'll live with not only some fairly conventional cognitive deficits, like trouble with space and numbers, but also a strange set of traits that researchers call the Williams social phenotype or, less formally, the “Williams personality”: a love of company and conversation combined, often awkwardly, with a poor understanding of social dynamics and a lack of social inhibition. The combination creates some memorable encounters."
- Crazy Kiwis « BitterSweet
Fun blog post with a pattern for a knitted kiwi bird!
- DollQuiltFront on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Cute little quilt with appliqué.
- Björk interview: 'I didn't like being a celebrity. It's a service job. Like washing toilets' | Woman | The Observer
- BBC NEWS | Europe | Vatican text angers Protestants
"Pope Benedict has approved a new text asserting that Christian denominations outside Roman Catholicism are not true Churches in the full sense of the word."