- BBC NEWS | Health | Many 'believe myths' on epilepsy
- 101 Child Safety and Childproofing Tips for Parents - ParentWonder.com -
- Gene Discovered For Type 1 Diabetes In Children | Scientific Blogging
- Pediatric Ritalin Use May Affect Developing Brain | Scientific Blogging
A new study says Ritalin use by young children may cause long-term changes in the developing brain. The study is among the first to probe the effects of Ritalin (methylphenidate) on the neurochemistry of the developing brain.
- Young Children's Defiance Toward Mothers Part Of Healthy Development
At very young ages, children's defiant behavior toward their mothers may not be a bad thing. This defiance may in fact reflect children's emerging autonomy and a confidence that they can control events that are important to them.
- Happy Being Unhappy: Why We Like Negative Feelings | Scientific Blogging
- Renewable Energy Wrecks The Environment | Scientific Blogging
Ausubel has analyzed the amount of energy that each renewable source can produce in terms of Watts of power output per square meter of land disturbed. He also compares the destruction of nature by renewables with the demand for space of nuclear power. "Nuclear energy is green," he claims, "Considered in Watts per square meter, nuclear has astronomical advantages over its competitors."
- Study Links Manic Depression With Brain Tissue Loss | Scientific Blogging
- Sex discrimination rife and equality will take generations, says axed commission | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited
Sex equality will take generations to achieve at the current "painfully slow" rate of progress, the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) said today in a final report before being wound up by the government after more than 30 years fighting gender bias across British society.
It found discrimination is still rife in politics, employment and public services, and stark gender gaps at work and at home.
- Bedtime stories a problem for many parents | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited
- Lucy Atkins on the NHS's most talked about midwives | Health and wellbeing | Life and Health
- Redcurrant muffin recipe -- Horticultural: Your redcurrant recipes, please
- Diabetic and Determined - New York Times
- BBC NEWS | Americas | US cat 'predicts patient deaths'
- BBC NEWS | Health | Diesel pollution 'clogs arteries'
Friday, 27 July 2007
Links for 2007-07-25 & 26 [del.icio.us]